Welcome Visitor

Studying film, aspiring writer-director, interested in science as hobby.
This is my niche blog for subtle things I consider worth mentioning.

I'm playing Talos Principle for a week or so now. It was fun at first, then it got hard. Not that I complain. But some parts were w...

The Talos Principle




I'm playing Talos Principle for a week or so now. It was fun at first, then it got hard. Not that I complain. But some parts were way too far-fetched. Luckily I had YouTube. I didn't use it unless I had to tough! I solved them by myself as much as possible.
Anyway, TTP is a puzzle game. But the creators seems to be knowledged on storytelling. I do know this how? One of the particular sentences I have read (which I didn't really read much of the content of the game FYI) was criticizing 'a story as a decor' theme which they seem to abide to. Not that I have any complaints. I knew what I was getting into from the get go. So they were criticizing themselves, also they were hinting about the power of storytelling and their inclination to it. So I am fairly sure that the creators at least have some idea on how to story-tell and how to do it good.

Anyway, TTP actually surprised me on that department and it turned out even better than Portal 2, the game people can't stop talking about. Not to mention its easter egg reference to it. TTP doesn't really have much of a thing you can call visual storytelling, but it tells you some stuff through other means and this is coming from a Dark Souls hater. So I'm not really into "make your own story" stuff, as I find them phony, a joke. But TTP is different from that. I know I said it doesn't have much of a visual story-telling but, being just about in the middle of the game, I enjoyed what I saw when I completed the level "A". And it did give me some ideas and inspirations.

No, no, I'll just go ahead and say it: The Talos Principle inspired me to create one of the most original ideas I have created and I like to believe I have some original ideas. So, Talos Principle is that. It is a modern-ish and spiritual take on some fundamental stuff. Which is good. I am very curious to see how the game will end. I think the game can lead me to imagine one or two more unique stories. I am also looking forward to the see what TTP's developers have up their sleeves, they can do some cool stuff if they make their next game a more story-driven game.

0 comments: